Sodexo Love of Food Innovation Challenge
- Entry is open to all chefs and culinary professionals with a Sodexo email address, permanently and fully employed by Sodexo Ltd and/or agreed affiliated companies.
- Recipes and images must be the entrant’s original creation and not previously published
- Competitors should ensure that they have full permission of their line manager as appropriate. Line managers should be made fully aware by the competitor of all aspects of commitment for the competition including practice required and take up of any prizes where time away from work is involved. Entrant’s boss’ name and email is required upon registration.
- All rules, which apply to the competition, will be final. Organizers and judges will not enter into any debate regarding results or issues surrounding the competition. The Committee of Judge’s decision is final.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the organizers as per competition guidelines. (Communicate to both successful and unsuccessful) By automated email.
- Acceptance by competitors of entry to the competition means acceptance of the competition rules and regulations and the rules of any associated parties with any connection to this project. A check box will be included in the registration process.
- All efforts will be made in relation to queries by competitors to assist competitors for a successful competition.
- All finalists will need to be available for LIVE Final Event on June 20 and 21 in North Carolina. Please check with your manager on this time commitment.
ROUND ONE: How will this work?
- We invite you to present an innovative dish of your choice which celebrates the authentic creativity showcasing delicious Global Flavors. Shows ingenuity with use of ingredients and/or cooking techniques.
- 75/25: No more than 25% of the dish can be animal protein. Consider using under utilized, under menued cuts of meat as your protein.
Feature sustainably sourced ingredients that have a lower environmental impact. See the following table.
Category Description FINFISH Oven-Ready Bake n Broil Natural Shaped AK Pollock, Oven-Ready Breaded Haddock Rectangle, Oven-Ready Breaded Natural Shaped Cod, Oven-Ready Battered Natural Cod, MSC ICELANDIC Cod Tails IQF, IVP Keta Fillet, Skinless, Taco Cut ICELANDIC Cod, Salmon Tail, Pollock USA, Salmon Burger, Salmon Belly, Minced Salmon meat. SHELLFISH Shrimp MSC Cooked Pink Coldwater PUD USA, BAP Whole Cooked Blue Mussels, Imitation Crabmeat Surimi Chunk USA. BEEF Shoulder Center cut steak, Outside Round, Sirloin Tip, Beef Shanks, Ground Blends, Chuck Eye Steak. PORK Pork Shanks, Shoulder / Butt, Fresh Ham, Top Sirloin. TURKEY Tenderloin steaks, Legs. CHICKEN Drums, Thighs, Whole Capon Roast. LAMB Necks. ALGAE Laver Seaweed, Wakame Seaweed. Beans & Pulses Black Turtle Beans, Broad Beans (Fava), Lentils, Soy Beans. CACTI Nopales. CEREALS & GRAINS Amaranth, Buckwheat, Finger Millet, Fonio, Khorasan Wheat (Kamut), Quinoa, Spelt, Teff, Wild Rice. FRUITS & VEGETABLES Okra, Orange Tomatoes. LEAFY GREENS Beet Greens, Broccoli Rabe, Kale, Pak-Choi/Bok Choy, Red Cabbage, Spinach, Watercress. MUSHROOMS Enoki, Maitake. NUTS & SEEDS Flax Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Walnuts. ROOT VEGETABLES White Icicle Radish. TUBERS Lotus Root, Ube, Yam Bean Root (Jicama), Red Indonesian Sweet Potatoes.
- The dish should achieve a minimum of 65% gross profit or max cost of goods at $3.50 for dish. Max Selling Price $10 (needs to profitable and easy to reproduce) (Validated by the technical committee) Will have an online form with the format.
- The dish should be capable of being eaten easily ideally a handheld item. Hot or cold. No utensils needed.
- The item should be practical to produce and serve at various locations.
- Focus on authenticity with flavor being key factor.
- Required for Submission: A recipe title, recipe with method, cost structure, A photograph you have taken of the finished dish as well as a photograph of the participant.
- What inspired you to be a chef? What inspired your dish?.
- Guidelines to be announced.
Need further assistance?
If you have additional questions, contact us at email@example.com.