- Entry is open to all chefs and culinary professionals who are either permanently and fully employed by Sodexo Ltd. and with Sodexo email address or hold a culinary position in one of Entegra’s client companies.
- Recipes and images must be the entrant’s original creation and not previously published.
- Competitors should ensure that they have full permission and endorsement of their manager/supervisor as appropriate. The competitor should make managers/supervisors fully aware of all competition commitments where time away from work is involved, including practice, presentations and prizes. A Sodexo entrant must provide their supervisor’s name and email when registering. All rules applying to the competition are final. Organizers and judges will not enter into any debate regarding results or issues surrounding the competition. The Committee of Judge’s decision is final.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the organizers as per competition guidelines. Communication to both successful and unsuccessful submissions will be by email.
- A competitor’s entry to the competition means acceptance of all competition rules and regulations as well as the rules of any parties associated with this project.
- Acceptance of all rules and regulations will be via a check box on the registration website.
- All efforts will be made in relation to queries by competitors to assist competitors for a successful competition.
- All finalists will need to be available for our LIVE Final Event on August 21st and 22nd in Nashville Tennessee. Please check with your manager on this time commitment.
ROUND ONE: How will this work?
- We invite you to celebrate authentic and delicious global flavors by creating and presenting an innovative dish with personal meaning that also shows ingenuity in ingredients and/or cooking techniques
- No more than 20% of the dish may be animal protein. Consider using under-utilized, under-menued cuts of meat, sustainable seafood or whole plant-based protein.
Feature sustainably sourced ingredients that have a lower environmental impact. Suggested list below:
Category Description FINFISH
- Pacific Cod
- Pacific Salmon
- Farmed Abalone
- Black Sea Bass
- Shrimp MSC Cooked Pink Coldwater PUD USA
- BAP Whole Cooked Blue Mussels
- Imitation Crabmeat Surimi Chunk USA
- Shoulder Center cut steak
- Outside Round
- Sirloin Tip
- Beef Shanks
- Ground Blends
- Chuck Eye Steak
- Pork Shanks
- Shoulder / Butt
- Fresh Ham
- Top Sirloin
- Tenderloin steaks
- Whole Capon Roast
- Laver Seaweed
- Wakame Seaweed
BEANS & PULSES
- Black Turtle Beans
- Broad Beans (Fava)
- Soy Beans
CEREALS & GRAINS
- Finger Millet
- Khorasan Wheat (Kamut)
- Wild Rice
FRUITS & VEGETABLES
- Orange Tomatoes
- Beet Greens
- Broccoli Rabe
- Pak-Choi/Bok Choy
- Red Cabbage
NUTS & SEEDS
- Flax Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- White Icicle Radish
- Lotus Root
- Yam Bean Root (Jicama)
- Red Indonesian Sweet Potatoes
- The dish should have a max cost of goods of $4.50.
- Your dish must be easy to reproduce consistently.
- All relevant information will be captured through an online recipe form.
- The dish should be thoughtfully constructed with zero waste in mind. In your submission narrative, briefly explain how you would utilize scraps or byproducts for a later purpose.
- The dish may be hot or cold, and ideally a handheld item that is easily eaten without utensils.
- The item should be practical to produce and serve at various locations.
- Dish should be able to prepared within 45 minutes.
- Focus on global authenticity, with flavor being a key factor.
- Only 1 submission per person.
- A recipe title, recipe with method, ingredient costs, photograph of the finished dish, and a photograph of the chef participant are all required for submission.
The following questions must be answered on the application:
- What inspired you to be a chef?
- What inspired your dish? All submissions will be validated by the judges based on these criteria.
- All submitted recipes become the property of Sodexo/Entegra.
- Guidelines to be announced.
Need further assistance?
If you have additional questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org